Twitter has officially launched Twitter Blue, a paid subscription service that offers users premium features for a monthly fee.
The first iteration of the product started rolling out on Thursday in Canada and Australia, at a cost of $3.49 CAD and $4.49 AUD, respectively, per month. Twitter has not revealed when the service will be available in other markets.
Twitter Blue users in Australia and Canada will get the following initial features for their money:
- An Undo Tweet button that gives users up to 30 seconds to ‘undo’ a Tweet before it hits their timeline.
- A Bookmark Folders option that helps them organize saved Tweets for future reference.
- A Reader Mode that’s designed to make it easier to scroll through long threads.
- Customizable app icons on their device’s home screen.
- Color themes for their Twitter app.
- Dedicated customer support.
Yes, the rumors are true.
Twitter Blue is now available in Australia and Canada.
Bookmark Folders? ✔️
Undo Tweet? ✔️
Reader Mode? ✔️
Plus other fun surprises.
More about Twitter Blue: https://t.co/NlVeWDUEqy
And don’t forget to follow @TwitterBlue to share your feedback!
— Twitter Comms (@TwitterComms) June 3, 2021
The microblogging site says it will be adding further features and perks over time — but don’t expect the much-demanded edit button to be among them. Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey said last year that it will “probably never” happen.
Is the current feature set enough to separate you from your hard-earned cash? And if not, are they any extra additions that might convince you that it’s worth the cost? Let us know via the usual channels.
Get the TNW newsletter
Get the most important tech news in your inbox each week.